Heart Centered Living: Challenge #3

September 20, 2009 by
Filed under Age of Ascension, Heart Centered Living, New Posts

MY MIND GETS IN THE WAY

It’s true that we each have limiting beliefs and old mental recordings in our heads on how to live our lives and how to make decisions. After all, we grew up in a society that still values reason and logic over emotion. Since emotion is associated with the Heart, many of us have avoided making decisions from the Heart because we’ve been taught that decisions should not be based on emotion. Many of us were told that making a decision based on what we feel in our Heart is just plain “wrong.”

As a child, I was taught that the only way to make decision was to use logic. When I tried to follow that “rule,” I discovered that my life wasn’t working out for me at all. Not only was I unhappy, but I or my horse, Echo, actually received physical injuries. It was a though the Universe was having to use a 2-by-4 to get my attention that I had taken a wrong turn.

These experiences taught me that I had to learn to live another way – a way that was aligned with my Higher Guidance and my True Path. I was being redirected to my Heart Center. I had to learn a different way to live and find ways to eliminate the old mental tape recordings of messages that kept me from living in my Heart Center.

Over the next few days, I suggest you start noticing the tape recordings in your head that play whenever you think about making a decision based on your Heart. Just notice them. Jot them down if you have a chance, and share them with me if you’d like.

The first step in turning them off is recognizing them when you hear them playing in your head. When you recognize and make note of them, you have already taken the first steps on the path to greater empowerment and greater connection with your Heart Center.

If you are interested in learning ways to free yourself of old messages and limiting beliefs, you might want to attend the free teleclass on “Heart Centered Living: A Transformative Process.”   This link will take you to a page with more details and where you can sign up for the class.

Comments

9 Responses to “Heart Centered Living: Challenge #3”
  1. Doug Hagens says:

I continue to think what you say — “the Heart’s understanding is what matters most”. It connects directly to the source without any “figuring out business going on. This I know.

Right now I associate, at least, in feeling HEART with MY HIGHER POWER. (I confess I’m not always sure what names to give those entities within me) HEART has direct knowledge and the wisdom to go with it. This I know.

In my daily affairs, like creating something (e.g. a video), working at completing an impossible task (e.g. my job) or giving up an addiction (e.g. eating)the MIND helps implement the wisdom of the HEART. This also I know.

Today I realized there’s a certain mindset that helps me complete tasks which are beyond my ability. It’s an eager acceptance of whatever may come with a clear desire and an expectation-surrender (faith) of a result w/o a clue how it’s going to happen.

Your comments have helped me realize that Heart, Mind and Body when working together and in synch, the impossible is possible. Thank you!

Doug

Doug

2. Doug Hagens says:

You’re right. How doesn’t really matter since I am not the one in control and it is the experience that counts anyway. And so far it’s an adventure.

I recognized this morning the same sense of quiet infinity coming from nature also existing in me. Peaceful. No fireworks. A very quiet feeling — a quiet inside me that keeps on going deep forever. I can still feel it now. It’s a different reality subtly different than before. Tn the day I felt that a bit infinity was moving with me wherever I moved. I want to sustain and expand this awareness. So I leave it to my heart to guide me. I do not know how.

Thank you Nedda for listening to me.

3. Doug Hagens says:

Hello Nedda,

Things are taking an interesting turn. This morning when I was gazing at the the ocean, IAM says to me “You see the infinite in nature — the ocean, the land and the quiet. Now see the infinite in you.” For some reason I think I can actually do it even though I don’t know how. I do know I can’t think my way through this. So I’m asking my heart to guide me. So for right now, I’m just hanging out seeing what might happen.

Doug

Dear Doug,

You are receiving powerful guidance. “Hanging out” is great if your mind is quiet, as having a quiet mind is what allows the inner voice (your I AM)to speak and be heard.

Is it really necessary to know “how” you are receiving this? Perhaps what is more important is just to be aware that you receive it. The mind wants to understand, but truly the Heart’s understanding is what matters the most. The Heart’s understanding is intuitive, not left-brain logical, and this is how we are all meant to be living – through the Heart.

Keep allowing whatever is going on to continue and you will be amazed at what is possible.

4. Doug Hagens says:

Helllo Nedda

Today IAM tells me, “It’s what inside the energies of all experience that is exploding with light that draws you. It’s what’s left over when you take away the package it comes in”.

This is so special I’m not going to analyze it! I’m just going let it work on me.

Your friend
    Doug

Hi, Doug,

“What science calls energy,
      Religions call God.
      ALL is ENERGY.
      ALL is GOD.
      THE ESSENCE OF GOD IS LOVE.”

This is from “Mahatma I and II: The I Am Presence” by Brian Grattan.

We are all too distracted by the outer appearance of things. REALITY is the energy within – within us, within everything. There is only ONE consciousness here.

5. Doug Hagens says:

Hello Nedda

I hope I’m not monopolizing your Comment Forum! But there’s no one else I know to talk meaningfully about this. I was staring at the ocean this morning enjoying the quiet when it came to me there was a thread to all the things I enjoy and have enjoyed. To give examples: standing under the shade of an Oak tree, going on a roller-coaster at Disneyland, watching TV with the sound off, squishing mud through my toes, doing something really creative and doing something mindless like ironing, sitting in a cemetery in the night, shooting the rapids on the Colorado River. Well, you get the picture. It’s all kinds of stuff.

The thread that goes through all these experiences is that my mind is not chattering. I’m not quite sure what to make out of this revelation. But it feels like something wonderful just happened. Have any ideas?

Doug

Hi, Doug,

When your mind is quiet you discover that your are not your mind, not your body, not this small individual having this life. Instead, you experience that you are a Divine Being – you are the one observing everything.

You are having experiences which are allowing you to meet your True Self. That is a very important step is spiritual awakening. The silence allows us to realize who we truly are.

• Doug Hagens says:

Yes, the feeling I am feeling is that something wonderful and magical is about to happen. I’m not sure what it is, but I am happy and grateful that whatever it is that it is about to let itself known. (I’m confusing myself just saying this!) Meeting my True Self would fit the bill.

Doug